Care more than some think is wise. Risk more than some think is safe. Dream more than some think is practical. Expect more than some think is possible. -The Missionary Heart

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spicy Thai Noodles

I love Thai food - the spices, the colors, the flavor combinations...seriously, everything about Thai food. Now, I can't make Thai food at home as deliciously as they make it in Thai restaurants. But, sometimes I come across a recipe that comes close.

This particular recipe is easy and quite delicious. What I love best is that it is so versatile! The first time I made it I topped my delicious, spicy noodles with cilantro and onions. The second time I mixed the noodles with broccoli, red bell pepper and some other veggies. It was delicious both times! This is a great recipe to experiment with. Its simplicity allows you to add just about anything that you like.

So, allow me to share this wonderful recipe with you! I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:


1 package rice sticks
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
3/4 cup vegetable or sesame oil
6 tbsp honey
6 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
Crushed peanuts, chopped onions and cilantro to taste

Directions:


1. Cook rice sticks according to package directions.
2. Heat oil and crushed red pepper over medium heat in a small pan for about 2 minutes (you can use more or less crush red pepper depending on how spicy you want your noodles).
3. Strain crushed red pepper out of the oil and save the oil.
4. Stir honey and soy sauce into the oil.
5. Toss cooked rice sticks in the oil/honey/soy sauce mixture and peanuts, onions and cilantro.

(modified from http://asmallsnippet.blogspot.com/2011/03/spicy-thai-noodles.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment