Care more than some think is wise. Risk more than some think is safe. Dream more than some think is practical. Expect more than some think is possible. -The Missionary Heart

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Do you miss it when it's gone?

Evan and I have been married for almost two months now. People always ask me how married life is, and whether it's been an adjustment for us. Honestly, it hasn't been difficult in the least to adjust to living together. I think if you're really made for each other, than you won't really have a problem with it. Plus, if you've spent enough time together before getting married, you already know most of your spouse's little habits that may or may not be annoying.

Even going completely gluten free at home hasn't been too hard. In spite of the fact that I have been craving pizza for about a month now, I am doing really well with it. It's amazing how much you don't miss certain kinds of food when it just isn't available.

Of course, when we go out I will always eat the bread that comes with the meal, and more often than not I will order some delicious pasta dish. I thought that doing this would make me want all my gluten-full favorites even more, but it's actually become a special treat. For example, the last time we went out to eat, I had this amazing Italian steak sandwich. Everything about it was simply delectable (including the bread!). I went home completely satisfied and thinking, "there's no way I could make a sandwich that good at home anyway."

So no, I don't miss gluten now that it's gone. It is like that acquaintance who is almost your friend. They come over for dinner every once in awhile, you also don't yearn for their presence between visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment